This page has moved to a new address.

Layouts

window.location.href="http://www.creationsbysasha.com/blog/?blogger=http://sashas-books.blogspot.com/2010/07/layouts.html"

This page has moved to a new address.

Layouts

Creations By Sasha Blog: Layouts

This page has moved to a new address.

Layouts

Creations By Sasha Blog: Layouts

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Layouts

In an effort to scrap faster, I decided to try a new approach to my digital scrapbooking. Normally when I make a scrapbook for a client, I do one page at a time until it's complete. That means choosing background papers, elements, pictures, and finishing touches. When I do it this way, it normally takes me a loooonnnnggg time. I've been working on one scrapbook for almost a year doing it this way. I finally figured out that this is just NOT working. So for the baby album I'm creating for a client of mine, I decided to try a different approach. I got the idea after purchasing "Scrapbook Page Maps: Sketches for Creative Layouts" by Becky Fleck. She also has a great website with new sketches every month.




After browsing through the book and punching out the handy dandy reference cards that come with it, I decided to try a new approach to my scrapbook. Instead of finishing one page at a time, I've decided to just do the layout with simple embellishments first. Once I finish all of the pages, I will go back and add the pictures, a few more digital embellishments, and finally some physical paper embellishments. These are some of the layouts I've done so far. They are all double layouts, meaning two 12x12 pages. I purchased all of the elements from ScrapGirls










By scraping this way, I've been able to complete about one layout an hour which is WAY faster than I've done in the past. I scrap for about an hour a day so at this rate, I should be able to finish this album by the end of the week. I will definitely continuing using this technique going forward.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home